Accredited higher education institutions or establishments, public and private organizations which belong, according to the law, to the national system of research and development, recognize PhD diplomas, issued by:
- accredited institutions of higher education or research-development institutions from a Member State of the European Union, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
- accredited institutions of higher education or research-development institutions included in the list of prestigious universities from other countries, approved by the Minister of National Education and Scientific Research, regularly updated,
- accredited institutions of higher education or research-development instittutions subject to international mutual recognition agreements signed at intergovernmental level or Interuniversity level,
only for the purpose of admission to postgraduate programs, achieving habilitation, employment in a research or teaching position at one of the institutions or the units mentioned above, according OMENCS no. 5923 / 06.12.2016 approving the methodology for the recognition of PhD diploma and doctorate title in science or in a professional field, obtained abroad.
- PhD degrees obtained from accredited higher education institutions or research-development institutions from abroad for other purposes than those specified for universities
- PhD degrees obtained from universities in third countries other than those in the list of prestigious universities.
Submitting the application
Online, through Electronic Point of Single Contact for diplomas issued in Romanian, English, French, Spanish or Italian language
Online, through Electronic Point of Single Contact for diplomas issued in other foreign languages
Public Hours: Monday-Thursday 09:00-11:00, 14:00-16:00 Friday 09:00-11:00
by mail or express courier
10 Spiru Haret street, District 1, 010176, Bucharest
In case of loss, complete destruction or partial deterioration of the recognition certificate, a duplicate may be issued, if the documents which allowed the issuing of the said certificate are still available in the archive.
For a duplicate to be issued, the holder shall submit a written request, accompanied by the documents listed below:
- Photocopy of the document which was granted recognition
- Photocopy of the holder’s identification document,
- Proof of payment of the fee of 100 lei for issuing the duplicate - paid only by third-country nationals,
- Notary statement concerning the classification in one of the situations mentioned above